It is no mystery that men often have the most intimate and intelligent conversation in the bar, when surrounded by bottles of beer or having a round of whisky, this is the time they are most at ease and loosened a bit. But the question some curious minds want to know is this, what are the contents of what men often talk about in the bar? Some ladies who have been so fortunate to be at the sitting with men in the are always in shock at what the men folks talk about when they are tipsy after a bottle of beer especially Nigerian men but for some who are not yet privy to this sacred circle are begging the question.
Generally, we all know that men like to talk about sport, sex, women, politics, drink, work and money or the stock market, but if we trim our focus to the Nigerian men, you all be thrill to know what we found out. One lady said that, “Nigerian men are amebos.’lol! Well, she might be barking close to the right tree, cause men actually talk pretty much after hitting on some green bottles.
- THE SPORT MANIACS:-For the sport geeks or enthusiasts, they are the loudest in the bar, they will brag about how their club is winning all the champion leagues as if na their papa buy Manchester United or Real Madrid, if i hear! Wey dem no be Davido or Dangote pikin. These sport geeks are everywhere these days and they might argue all through the sitting of the guy’s night out. Sorry you if you are not the football buff and you are friends these football maniacs.
- THE SEX FREAKS AND MR ENDOWMENT:-Men are the same all over the world when it comes to sex and some women talk, they talk about women everyday. A conversation is never complete and well detailed without the bragging of how many women you have conquered and how big your gbola is because she can’t get enough of you. While the sex freak will talk the nasty things about giving head and anal sex.
- MR SEDUCER:-Among the clique, there is that one friend who is always feeling himself, the great seducer, the minister of all women affairs, the one that has done that done this, the one women are always winking at in the bar among his friends, the one that brags too much experience his incredible sex lifestyle.
- POLITICICS AND THE ANTI-BUHARIS:-Talking politics is in the DNA of every man, most men are genetically wired to rule over other men, that’s why their obsession with politics is inseparable. In every clique of friends three out of five are political bandits, they know all the nitty-gritty about what’s going on in the corridor of the Nigerian politics. But most interestingly these days is the common disgusts they all have for the present president of the country, Oga Buhari. Most political talks are surround on how to vote Buhari out come 2019 election, they will ask if you have gotten your PVC or where your interest lies. Oga Buhari have united some Nigerian men in common goal, the #BuhariMustGo2019 movement.
- STOCK MARKET,AND MONEY:-We all know that popular adage, ‘ Money Makes The World Go Round.’ Well, there is no Nigerian man who don’t dream of becoming like Dangote or Otedola some day, especially the Lagosians, when they are on guy’s night out, they will talk and dream of that Lagos dream, living or owning a house in Lekki, VGC or Banana Island, even in their music, it is all about the money, the big break, if it can happen to Wizkid or Olamide it can also happen to them. They know that Lagos big girls or that fine you be crushing on will not fuck you except you are big spender. So, it is a tradition that Nigerian men talk more about money than anything else.. And the stock market are for the big boys, the ones in the corporate world, banks, telecommunication, advertising, entertainment. These ones always meet up for brandy or a bottle of fine wine to loosen the tongue a bit. They talk big games and invest heavy, sometimes you will see them with some of their lady love beside them while they sip and puff the cigar. These are the class of Nigerian men who are obsessed with making that money, either the hard way or the hardest way, if you want to hangout with this gangs make sure you have something to offer, other than that you are not in their league.
- WORK AND HORRIBLE BOSSES:- Am sure a lot of us can relate to this, especially those that work at a shitty workplace, those that hate their work and bosses more than they hate Buhari. Some will nag and nag about their job and how terrible their bosses treat them at work but they won’t leave that job because they can’t find another if they quite, not in this our naija wey work scarce pass girls. So, if you are in a bar and see group of men hangingout with couple of bottles in front of them, listen carefully to their conversation, they eventually spill the beans on how much they hate the job they are doing and the ugly names they will tag their bosses with. And if you are one of those horrible bosses and you are lucky to be where a staff of your is chilling with his guys, just hid and listen, am sure you will be preparing his sack letter the following day.
- WOMEN, YANSH AND BREASTS:- It is because of the way men talk about women, yansh and breast that women concluded that Naija men are all bigger amebos than women. When you see group of guys in the bar, especially all these beer parlour joints, what they say about women will shock you to your bone marrow. Men are virtual human being, they are generally attracted to things they can see and touch, so, it’s only natural that they dissect women mentally the way you dissect a rat in the lab. Some men are yansh men (men that love women backside) while some are bobbi men (men that love women breasts). Nigerian men will talk about the size of yansh they love or that girl with big bum-bum he has been eyeing to slaughter very soon, others will tell you they want someone Cossy Ojiakor, with big Chelsea. Men will talk about all the women they see entering a bar or group of girls sitting couple of tables away from them having an all girls night out. The men will wink, admire the ladies from afar, strategising on how to approach the ladies and invite them to join their table. The way some men talk about women and what they plan to do to them in bed is utterly shocking and some that have slept with the ones they have been hunting for a while, will boast about their experiences or talk about how the girl pussy dey smell or don wide like borne hole. Some of these men don’t just have any decorum when talking about their experience with women, and it is not irony that women don’t like men that kiss and tell.
It is perfectly natural for men to talk about all of these things listed about, just the way it is also natural for women to talk about love, men and makeups. These two unique beings are placed in this world to be with each other, so what else is there to talk about if it’s not men or women? Cause we’ve got all the time in the world. While men talk about sport, money, women, politic, sex etc, women also talk about men, love, fashion, babies, makeups etc. No one has all the answers and for the longest time we have all been going with the flow, correcting ourselves as we go along, but the most important thing to remember is this, man and woman will continue to evolve as we go on this eternal journey call life.
Article crdt:- Hader Otaki
Photos crdt:- Originatorarts